- This event has passed.
Webinar: How are Student Housing P3s Moving Forward During the Pandemic?
September 10 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Pre-pandemic, on-campus housing public/private partnerships (P3) were on a roll. More institutions were looking to private developers to partner on building new housing that would modernize an institutions’ housing stock and while not putting a dent in a college/university’s budget.
Then COVID-19 happened. Existing P3 projects were on the frontlines as colleges and universities sent on-campus residents home. And with schools needing to de-densify their on-campus housing stock and overall improve it to compete moving forward, some predicted the demand for P3 projects would boom.
Where is the P3 space today? How have institutions and their developers pivoted in the new environment and how are they working together to provide the best possible outcomes for all stakeholders, including of course the student resident?
On Thursday, September 10th, at 1:00 pm Eastern, join us to hear from Patrick Martin of LSU, Matt Dull of Appalachian State University, Andrew Christ of the New Jersey Institute of Technology and moderators Jeremy Doss and Courtney Gordon of RISE as they discuss the current environment for existing and proposed P3 projects and what has changed since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Topics to be discussed:
- What unique challenges are student housing public/private partnerships facing in the current environment?
- How did existing P3 projects perform last spring and what do things look like this fall?
- What happens to a P3 project if a college/university sends all on-campus student home as happened in March?
- How do all players in a P3 partnership balance the needs of the residents, the university partner and the developer?
- How has COVID-19 impacted residence life and operations at P3 projects and on-campus housing overall
- Will COVID-19 have a long lasting impact on P3 architecture, design and construction?
- Best practices for successful P3 partnerships
Registration for the webinar is complimentary for the industry, thanks to webinar sponsor RISE.
For a full list of InterFace Conference Group webinars, click here.
Student Housing Business is published by France Media Inc., the parent company of InterFace Conference Group. For more information about all of the commercial real estate magazines, websites, and newsletters published by France Media Inc., click here.