Boca Raton, Fla. — Boca Raton-based Waypoint Residential has launched Waypoint Student Living, a management branch for the company’s student housing assets.
Waypoint Student Living will immediately assume managerial responsibilities for seven of the company’s 15 student housing properties. The communities total more than 3,300 beds, and include:
- First Street Place, which serves East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina.
- 18 Seventy-Nine, which serves Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas.
- Midtown Corpus, which serves Texas A&M in Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Chapel Ridge and Chapel View, which serve the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- The Lodge at Athens, which serves the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia.
- The Social at Auburn, which serves Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama.
“The launch of Waypoint Student Living reflects our commitment to vertical integration, which is key to our investment strategy,” says Scott Lawlor, CEO of Waypoint Residential. “We expect Waypoint Student Living to grow considerably as a welcome addition to Waypoint Management Services, which manages our conventional multifamily properties.”