Watch the webinar “How are Student Housing P3s Moving Forward During the Pandemic?,” hosted by Student Housing Business, to learn about public/private partnerships (P3s) and how institutions and developers plan on modernizing and de-densifying housing stock in today’s new environment.
Listen and learn about topics including challenges for P3s, balancing the needs of stakeholders, financing options, as well as the lasting effects of COVID-19 on design and construction. Plus, hear best practices for successful P3 partnerships.
See a list of timestamps below for discussion points:
- (5:44) LSU’s conversion of a 28 acre tract of land to meet upper-class/graduate student demand
- (10:33) Appalachian State University’s addition of a parking deck and multiphase replacement of six existing dorms
- (14:46) New Jersey Institute of Technology’s partnership with RISE to create a high-rise apartment community adjacent to campus
- (17:48) Unique challenges (constuction, timing, financial markets) created by the coronavirus pandemic
- (35:57) P3 outlooks for fall, including move-in and COVID-19 mitgation
- (46:00) Long-lasting impacts on P3 architecture/design/construction
- (59:30) Benefits of P3 partnerships
- (1:05) Financing options for P3 projects
- Matt Dull, Appalachian State University
- Andrew Christ, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Patrick Martin, Louisiana State University
- Courtney Gordon, RISE
- Jeremy Doss, RISE (moderator)
Webinar sponsor: RISE: A Real Estate Company has 25+ years of proven student housing and multifamily real estate development experience. They create value for their clients while minimizing risk. A national leader in customized campus development with over 80 projects in 24 states, totaling over 52,000 beds and $3 billion in value. RISE brings its higher ed partners’ visions into reality through a single, turnkey process that delivers on-budget and on-time.