Bill Bayless, CEO of American Campus Communities, spoke in an exclusive interview with Randall Shearin, Editor of Student Housing Business, and Richard Kelley, Publisher of Student Housing Business about managing through the COVID-19 crisis and what the “new normal” might look like for both the student housing industry and higher education overall. American Campus Communities owns and manages over 100,000 beds at 92 universities, so the onset of the coronavirus required a combination of quick thinking and “doing the right thing” to meet the needs of all stakeholders involved, including students, parents and university partners.
Listen to this complimentary webinar. Topics discussed by Bill Bayless and Student Housing Business include:
- Compassion in the midst of COVID crisis (how American Campus Communities is helping students through rent relief and waiving fees)
- Leasing trends for 2020-2021 academic year
- COVID-19 impact on both on-campus and off-campus occupancy
- De-bunking online learning as a long-term threat to campus housing
- When might the investment and development markets snap back?
Webinar sponsor: Delos brings together the best innovations in technology, health, design and science to improve human health in the built environment.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. Delos helps create spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and well-being by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science and real estate. The Delos platform includes programming, consulting, research and an array of innovative products and technologies that research suggests may improve occupant well-being.